Established in 1990, Suicide Prevention Middlesex-London (formerly known as London-Middlesex Suicide Prevention Council) is a non-profit, voluntary council representing community service providers, stakeholders, and those with lived experience with suicide.
A compassionate world free of suicide and suicide stigma.
We are creating a suicide-safe community to prevent suicide and foster healing through education, outreach, connection and belonging.
Community | Empathy | Authenticity | Collaboration | Equity | Hope Inclusion | Resilience
- Provide public awareness, education and advocacy regarding suicide risk and prevention.
- Offer opportunities for skill development that address suicide awareness, intervention, support and treatment.
- Support the appropriate allocation of resources to aid a full range of consumer-centred services to individuals and families.
- Address stigma and discrimination experienced by individuals who have attempted suicide or the loved one of those who have died by suicide.
- Promote and support collaboration among service providers.